Rajasthan, the land of Maharajas, is known for its rich culture, vibrant heritage, and spectacular monuments. It is also one of the most sought-after honeymoon destinations in India, especially for couples who want to experience luxury at its best. Rajasthan offers a perfect blend of romance, history, and opulence, making it an ideal destination for a royal honeymoon in rajasthan. In this blog post, we will take you through the best places to visit in Rajasthan for a luxurious and romantic honeymoon.
1. The Pink City – Jaipur
Jaipur also known as the Pink City, is the capital of Rajasthan and a popular destination for honeymooners. The city is dotted with magnificent palaces, forts, and gardens that reflect the opulence of the Rajput era. The City Palace, Hawa Mahal, and Amber Fort are some of the must-visit places in Jaipur. You can also take a hot air balloon ride over the city to get a bird’s eye view of the beautiful landscape.
The City of Lakes Udaipur, also known as the City of Lakes, is another popular honeymoon destination in Rajasthan. The city is surrounded by the Aravalli Mountains and is known for its scenic beauty and romantic ambiance. The Lake Palace, Jagmandir Palace, and City Palace are some of the most famous landmarks in Udaipur. You can also take a boat ride on Lake Pichola or go for a romantic walk in the Saheliyon ki Bari Garden.
The Golden City Jaisalmer, also known as the Golden City, is located in the heart of the Thar Desert and is famous for its sand dunes, forts, and palaces. The Jaisalmer Fort, also known as the Sonar Qila, is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and a must-visit for all tourists. You can also take a camel safari to explore the sand dunes and watch the sunset over the desert.
The Blue City Jodhpur, also known as the Blue City, is famous for its blue-painted houses, majestic forts, and palaces. The Mehrangarh Fort is one of the most popular attractions in Jodhpur, offering a stunning view of the city from its ramparts. The Umaid Bhawan Palace, Jaswant Thada, and Mandore Gardens are some of the other places to visit in Jodhpur.
Luxury Accommodations Rajasthan is known for its luxurious and opulent accommodations, offering a glimpse into the royal lifestyle of the Maharajas. Some of the best luxury hotels in Rajasthan for a royal honeymoon are:
- Taj Lake Palace, Udaipur – This hotel is located on an island in Lake Pichola and offers stunning views of the surrounding mountains and lakes. The palace has 66 luxurious rooms and suites, all with a view of the lake.
- Rambagh Palace, Jaipur – This hotel was once the residence of the Maharaja of Jaipur and has now been converted into a luxury hotel. The palace has 78 luxurious rooms and suites, all decorated with antique furniture and artwork.
- Umaid Bhawan Palace, Jodhpur – This palace was built by Maharaja Umaid Singh and is now a luxury hotel run by the Taj Group. The palace has 64 luxurious rooms and suites, all decorated with Art Deco style furniture.
- Suryagarh, Jaisalmer – This hotel is located in the Thar Desert and offers a unique desert experience to its guests. The hotel has 77 luxurious rooms and suites, all decorated with traditional Rajasthani artwork and furniture.
Cuisine honeymoon in jaipur, Rajasthan is famous for its rich and spicy cuisine, which includes dishes like dal-baati-churma, laal maas, ker-sangri, gatte ki sabzi, and more. Most of the dishes are vegetarian, but there are also non-vegetarian options for those who prefer it. Some of the must-try dishes in Rajasthan are:
- Dal-Baati-Churma – This is the quintessential Rajasthani dish, which consists of lentil soup, baked wheat dough, and a sweet wheat-based dessert.
- Laal Maas – This is a spicy meat curry made with red chilies, garlic, and yogurt. It is a must-try for non-vegetarians.
- Ker-Sangri – This is a vegetable dish made with dried berries and beans, which are native to Rajasthan. It is usually served with bajra roti (millet bread).
- Gatte Ki Sabzi – This is a vegetarian dish made with gram flour dumplings, which are cooked in a spicy yogurt-based gravy.
- Mohan Maas – This is a rich and creamy meat dish made with milk, cream, and spices.
Shopping Rajasthan is famous for its handicrafts, textiles, and jewelry. Some of the best places to shop for souvenirs and gifts in Rajasthan are:
- Johari Bazaar, Jaipur – This is the best place to buy jewelry in Jaipur. You can find a variety of traditional Rajasthani jewelry, including Kundan, Meenakari, and Thewa.
- Sadar Bazaar, Jaisalmer – This is the best place to buy souvenirs in Jaisalmer. You can find a variety of handicrafts, textiles, and leather goods here.
- Clock Tower Market, Jodhpur – This is the best place to buy spices and sweets in Jodhpur. You can also find a variety of handicrafts and textiles here.
- Bada Bazaar, Udaipur – This is the best place to buy Rajasthani textiles and handicrafts in Udaipur. You can find a variety of traditional Rajasthani textiles, including Bandhani, Leheriya, and Bagru.
Conclusion Rajasthan offers a perfect blend of romance, history, and opulence, making it an ideal destination for a royal honeymoon. With its magnificent palaces, forts, and gardens, luxurious accommodations, rich cuisine, and vibrant shopping scene, Rajasthan has everything that a couple could ask for on their honeymoon. So, if you want to experience luxury at its best, plan a trip to Rajasthan and explore the royal heritage of India.